- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our product users and website visitors; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Postud.io Private Limited (Postud.io ).
2. How we use your personal data
- We may process information about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website, software and services.
- We may process your account information ("account data"). The account information may include your name and email address, company, phone number, mobile number, etc. The source of the account data comes directly from you as a result of entering it into our website’s form, or provided to us by our clients who, as the “controller”, have passed on the data to us as the “processor” with your implicit or explicit consent. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is your consent OR our legitimate interests, namely delivery of services provided by our platform OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or us and the “controller” and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may process information included in your personal profile on our website ("profile data"). The profile data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, interests, links to social media accounts, website URL, etc. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent OR our legitimate interests, namely delivery of services provided by our platform OR the proper administration of our website and business OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or us and the “controller” and/or taking steps, at you request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services ("service data"). The service data may include media files such as video clips, image files, metadata related to submitted media, file descriptions, notes related to submitted data, etc. The source of the service data is you or your employer who may be considered the “controller.” The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is your implicit or explicit consent OR our legitimate interests, namely delivery of services provided by our platform OR the proper administration of our website and business OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or us and the “controller,” and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us.
3. Providing your personal data to others
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal data to our professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining and managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
4. International transfers of your personal data
- In this Section 4, we provide information about the circumstances in which personal data of EU Users may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We have offices and facilities in India. The European Commission has made an "adequacy decision" with respect to the data protection laws of certain countries. Transfers to each of those countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained from https://www.eugdpr.org.
- The hosting facilities for our websites are situated in the India. Hosting of our websites and services may also occur “in the cloud” without explicit identification of the country and/or territory. The European Commission has made an "adequacy decision" with respect to the data protection laws of certain countries. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which you can obtain from https://www.eugdpr.org.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
5. Retaining and deleting personal data
This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
(a) Usage data, account data, profile data, service data will be retained for a minimum period of one year following its creation and/or submission date, and for a maximum period of seven years following cessation of your relationship with us, cessation of services or deletion of account.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
(a) the period of retention of usage data, account data, profile data and service data will be determined based on business use, contractual and legal obligations with relevant third parties.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are satisfied with any changes to this policy.
7. Your rights
In this Section 7, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee. You can request to access your data by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
(a) consent; or
(b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us.
8. About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
9. Cookies that we use
10. Cookies used by our service providers
11. Managing cookies
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
12. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Postud.io Private Limited (Postud.io ).
- Our main office is located at B/604, Yamuna Vasant Sagar, Thakur Village, Kandivali (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 4001 01
- You can contact us at our office address above or at: B/604, Yamuna Vasant Sagar, Thakur Village, Kandivali (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 4001 01
13. Data protection officer
- Our data protection officer's contact details are: Harish Prabhu ; email@example.com
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
End-users shall be solely responsible for all use of the Platform and Services and for compliance with this Policy. We may, without any liability and in our discretion, suspend or cancel or restrict access to the Services to end-users without notice if we reasonably consider they have breached or are likely to breach this Policy. We may do so regardless of the breach or likelihood of occurrence of the breach being intentional or authorized by end-users, or not.
When end-users use the Platform and avail the Services, they cannot:
- Post, stream or otherwise transmit content that: (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, violent, promote violence, harms children, is sexually explicit, defamatory, harassing, threatening or abusive, vulgar, obscene, indecent, pornographic, support human trafficking, facilitates terrorism or terrorist organizations, is false and misleading, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) end-users do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; or (iv) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Exploit or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services, servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services; or
- Obtain or otherwise attempt to access any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Services.
- Violate a law or cause us to violate a law.
End-users must comply with our reasonable directions, those of our network suppliers and any government or regulatory body in relation to use of the Platform and availing of Services.
End-users are responsible for all their content published, transmitted via the Platform and Services, and for all risks associated with their use of the Platform and availing Services, including risks associated with unauthorized accessing, viewing, using, storing, transmitting, publishing or communicating material; and transmitting personal or confidential information.
End-users must take appropriate steps to prevent minors from accessing or receiving any content that may be inappropriate for them.
We do not supervise, control or authorize our end-users’ access, use, receipt or transmission of material via the Platform and Services and we are not responsible for the content, nature or form of that material.
We will not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, expense or liability related to any user’s use of the Platform or Services.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org Without limiting any other remedies that we may have, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our discretion, violates this Policy, including without limitation, removing the offending content or restricting or blocking the access to the Platform and Services of such violators.