While trying to render out of DaVinci Resolve, users have reported that they cannot click on the “Add to Render Queue” button as it’s grey and non-functional. This article lists 4 quick fixes to fix this issue & resume the process of rendering.
4 Ways to Fix “Can’t Add to Render Queue”
1. Create a New Timeline
Steps to Create a New Timeline:
- Click on the Media Pool in Resolve.
- Right-Click on “Timeline 1” and select “Create New Timeline Using Selected Clips” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Create” in the window that pops up.
2. Changing the Entire Timeline
Try changing the “Entire Timeline” to “In/Out” in the render drop-down just above the Timeline on the Deliver Page.
3. Creating a Compound Clip
Steps to Create a Compound Clip:
- Select all the clips in the Timeline using the shortcut Ctrl+A or Cmd+A.
- Right-click any clips and select “New Compound Clip” from the drop-down menu.
- From the new window that pops up, click on the “Create” option.
4. Updating DaVinci Resolve
The easiest fix would be to update DaVinci Resolve to its most recent version, i.e., DaVinci Resolve 18. BlackMagic designs fix many glitches and bugs with every new version of DaVinci Resolve.
These 4 simple fixes should enable the “Add to Render Queue” option and resume your rendering process. If your system isn’t compatible with DaVinci Resolve and you don’t want to invest significantly in upgrading it, check out Postudio. With Postudio, you only require a stable internet connection, and you can edit & create on DaVinci Resolve online & on-demand.