Updates are something unavoidable in this day and age. You’ve got to keep updating to stay up to date with the latest technology. Ever since Blackmagic Design acquired DaVinci Resolve in 2009 it has worked tirelessly to get DaVinci Resolve to match industry standards and more. DaVinci Resolve started out as a color grading software and now it competes with Adobe Premiere Pro, not even breaking a sweat.-
There have been many updates and versions of DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve Studio joined DaVinci Resolve in version 16. DaVinci Resolve makes new updates a fairly regular and easy occurrence. It is a process that is quick and simple. Each update usually gives you bug fixes and new features.
How to Update DaVinci Resolve
An important thing to remember before you start your DaVinci Resolve update IS TO BACKUP! Losing your projects and work just because of an update is beyond heartbreaking. Make a backup of all your stuff in advance. This helps you avoid a bunch of risks.
Create a Backup on DaVinci Resolve
Creating a database backup or DaVinci Resolve is fairly easy.
- Navigate to the File Menu and open up the Project Manager
- When the new window pops up, select the first option “Backup”
- Select a destination folder or location on your computer for your backup files
- DaVinci Resolve will let you know when your backup is done. In the case of multiple databases, just repeat the steps.
Et Voila! Your backup is done!
Updating DaVinci Resolve
Now that you’ve backed up all your data. You can go ahead to update. There are two common ways to update your DaVinci Resolve. The first way is to update from within the DaVinci Resolve software tool. The other way is to go to Blackmagic Design’s website and download the DaVinci Resolve update. When you do this you don’t need to worry; DaVinci Resolve is completely safe.
Updating from Within DaVinci Resolve
- Click DaVinci Resolve on the top-left and click on check for updates.
- If there are updates available you should be able to download the newest update version
- If the installation isn’t automatic after download. Check your download folder and manually start the installation process and follow the instructions when prompted
Upgrade your Database on your New DaVinci Resolve Version
After your new DaVinci Resolve version has been installed. The Project Window should open. When the Project Window opens it’ll ask you if you want to upgrade your database. Trust me, you’ll want to upgrade your database.
Let us conclude with a quick recap on the ways to update DaVinci Resolve:
- Create a backup of your database
- Click DaVinci Resolve on the top left and select check for updates
- Download and install the DaVinci Resolve update
- Upgrade your Database
Updates: A worry of the past with Postudio
With Postudio, you have all the latest updates and the best post-production software tools available on-demand. You can rent a system and let your creativity rule!