Startup Errors are sadly quite common. This error can also be true with software giants like Adobe. When you try to launch Adobe Premiere Pro you might experience startup errors. Sometimes this could be an error like; Adobe Premiere Pro Startup Error or Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.
Here are the solutions we’ve got for you. Try each one until you find what works best for your issue.
- Update Video Driver
- Check for Adobe Premiere Pro Administrator Rights – macOS
- Check for Adobe Premiere Pro Administrator Rights – Windows
- Enable High-Performance GPU on AMD Radeon cards with Switchable Graphics Technology
- Change your BIOS settings
- Check to see if your PROMISE products are up to date.
Update Video Driver
Out-of-date or corrupted drivers are commonly the cause of a starting error about not being able to discover capable video play modules. Adobe advises that you upgrade your graphics card’s drivers to the most recent versions:
Driver for NVIDIA
Driver for AMD/ATI
Check for Adobe Premiere Pro Administrator Rights – macOS
Make sure the current user account on macOS has the ability to administrate the computer. For additional information on Mac user accounts, see Set up users on your Mac.
In the User Library folder, look for permissions.
Rename the Adobe directories in the Application Support, Preferences, and Documents folders when Premiere Pro is closed.
Use either the HDMI or DVI ports to connect a single monitor.
Premiere Pro should be restarted.
Check for Adobe Premiere Pro Administrator Rights – Windows
- Right-click the Premiere Pro shortcut on Windows and select Run as Administrator. The location of the document folder must be mapped to a network.
- Examine the My Documents folder to see whether it is mapped to any other locations. If it’s mapped to a remote place, ensure the remote storage location has a good connection and plenty of space. Check the profile to see if the document folder is set to the default location.
- Disconnect the system from the domain network by unplugging the network wire and turning off the wifi connection if you’re working on a user account within a domain. Relaunch Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Check to see if Adobe Premiere Pro is listed as one of the prohibited programmes in both the Windows firewall and antivirus software. If that’s the case, make a note of it in both places.
- Repair the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable runtime libraries (both X86 and X64). See Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 for further details.
- Right-click the Adobe Premiere Pro shortcut on Windows and select Run as Administrator.
(Alternatively, right-click the software file in /Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro [version]/Adobe Premiere Pro in /Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro.) The location of the document folder must be mapped to a network.
Enable High-Performance GPU on AMD Radeon cards with Switchable Graphics Technology
Do the following for AMD Radeon cards with Switchable Graphics Technology:
- The Catalyst Control Center is now available to use (right-click the desktop and choose Graphics Properties).
- Go to the Power tab.
- Click Switchable Graphics Method from the drop-down menu.
- Then click Apply after selecting “Select the graphics processor manually.”
- Select Switchable Graphics from the Power Tab.
- Ensure that the High-Performance GPU option is chosen.
Change your BIOS settings
IMPORTANT: Changing BIOS settings can cause other problems or prevent your computer from starting up properly. This approach should only be attempted if you are comfortable modifying BIOS settings. If you need help altering this setting, contact the manufacturer of your machine.
Change the setting for Switchable Graphics to Fixed in your notebook’s BIOS configuration.
Check to see if your PROMISE products are up to date.
If you’re using PROMISE storage solutions with Premiere Pro on macOS, make sure you’re running the most recent version. This error might be caused by older versions.
If you encounter any errors, like the startup error, you can head over to our Postudio blog. Postudio enables you to start your Premiere Pro journey without worrying about the system requirements, as all the drivers are updated on the cloud. You can also register for an early access to Postudio to ease your Post Production workflow and worries.